Luciana Safioti, DDS, MSD
Dr. Safioti received her dental degree from the University of Sao Paulo in 1994 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. She then completed a specialty training in Periodontics and worked for eight years in a private practice in Sao Paulo before moving to the United States. Dr. Safioti worked as a full-time faculty member teaching Periodontics at Nova Southeastern University, FL and later as an affiliate faculty at the University of Washington, WA.
Dr. Safioti’s passion for Periodontics made her pursue and complete the Periodontics residency at the University of Washington in 2016, where she received a Master of Science in Dentistry and was awarded with the prestigious “Clinical impact award” from the American Academy of Periodontology for her clinical research on peri-implantitis.
Dr. Safioti feels very fortunate to dedicate her career to seeing patients in private practice and to teaching students as a part-time faculty at the University of Washington.
Dr. Safioti lives in Redmond with her husband, Erico, and two sons, Andre and Alex.
- Certificate in Periodontics, University of Washington, 2016
- Master of Science in Dentistry, University of Washington, 2016
- Specialty Training in Periodontics, Metodista University, 1999
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Sao Paulo, 1994
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Washington State Society of Periodontists
- 2006 Educator of the year at Nova Southeastern University – awarded by the American Academy of Periodontology
- 2016 Clinical Impact Award, clinical research presentation – awarded by the American Academy of Periodontology
“Increased levels of titanium are associated with peri-implantitis – a case- control study.” – American Academy of Periodontology Annual Meeting 2016, San Diego, CA.